1.4.08

Peta to the Rescue

Ohh look my first official post!! HI EVRYONE!! :)

Just thought I would stop by and give a report on how our first Photo Rescue Classes went. I had two classes this weekend, my first one was at Passion for Paper on Saturday and the Second was at Stamp Antics on Sunday. I'm happy to report in to say that both class where a lot of fun and that we had a great time!! Thanks to my wonderful students!!! :)

I must say one thing I loved about these classes is the fact that for the most part, I'm getting to see the ladies a third time, as I taught them in the basics and permission to play classes as well. Its great because not only names and faces start becoming more and more familiar, but you get to see how they are progressing and getting comfortable with the program! I'm of course looking forward to seeing them all again in the Scrappy Diva's Classes when we have those! (10 May for Passion for Paper and 19 April for Stamp Antics ... and I think they are booked out already - I'm sure we'll be having other dates coming up soon too!) Hopefully they will bring in some of their restored photos to show me (HINT, HINT LADIES!! haha)

Another fun thing that I really loved about this weekends classes was getting to see other peoples photos. It's always so interesting to see other peoples photos, and when you can help them fix or create something with them that's an amazing feeling. I also like it as it challenges me to work with certain things that I might not have in my own photos. For example Jackie in my class at Stamp Antics brought in an image that she had to do in two scans as the original was a3 in size. I got time to sit down with her and show her how to 'stich' the photos together. I certainly loved that aspect of working one on one in this class that you don't get so much in the others. But then I do love to problem solving and work things out in photoshop (as well as sharing that knowledge with people).

Now before I run off again. (got to get ready for the gold coast show - 2 sleeps and counting!)

Here is two examples of some quick things we did in class, of course if this was my photo to keep at home I would spend a lot more time being 'picky' over this. But gives you an idea of the kinds of things you can learn to do! The first image is using various techniques to restore a faded image and get rid of tears, folds and even fungus that has crept into an old photo. I'm not sure of the history behind this photo as it's actually one from Sara's collection we might have to twist her arm and get her to pop in and let us know ;) .

The second is restoring and correcting colors in an old photo and just fixing up dirt spots and such this was actually an old slide photo from the early 1970's... It's actually a photo of my brother with the family dog when my parents lived in Malaysia (before I was born) .





While I'm also here - will also say thank you to the wonderful group on had on Saturday at Scrapbook Princess for the Permission to Play class - that was also lots of fun and great to catch up with those who I meet in the beginners class! (and to meet some new faces also!)

I can't wait for the show and can't wait for my classes the following weekend!! I'm going to a new store (Scrap of Difference in Ipswich!) and Saturday I have a basics class at Passion for Paper, and Sunday a basics class at Stamp Antics... so that means three whole new groups of people to meet!!!

Also. I start full time work on the 7th!! April is going to be a busy month for me, as my sister and her family are maybe coming up for the long weekend in April, thankfully it's the one weekend I currently have free!

Okay I think I have taken over the blog long enough, see this is why I've been so quite on here... I'm not one to say just a few words .... I tend to write essays, just ask Mel! hehe.

Hope you all are having a lovely week!!!

Remember if you are at the Gold Coast Stitches and Craft Fair - Stop in and say hello to us!!!



No comments: